Special Glow in the Dark Edition
The debut issue of A Profound Waste of Time is a loving tribute to the art of making videogames. This bold collaboration of leading illustrators and renowned game developers earned much critical acclaim, including a Merit in Publication Design at the 98th annual ADC awards and Best Use of Illustration at the 2018 Slack Awards.
Following our successful Kickstarter campaign we can now offer orders of the magazine.
The special edition is of limited quantity and features a special glow in the dark cover, along with a pack of digital wallpapers.
- 210 x 270 mm
- Perfect bound
- Litho print
- Printed on 150 gsm Munken Lynx
- Over 180 pages
- 24 page cut down section
- BIT.TRIP Risograph 198 x 250 mm
- Over 30 writers and illustrators
In this issue
- An in depth interview with Yacht Club Games
- Undertale creator Toby Fox in conversation with composer Jake Kaufman, illustrated by artist and animator Temmie Chang
- Writer and actor Ashly Burch reflects on her perfomance as Chloe in Life Is Strange
- A four-page fold-out Downwell diagram annotated by the game’s creator Ojiro Fumoto
- After watching his mother play her first videogame, Vlambeer co-founder Rami Ismail explores the idea of games as a language
- Cover art by renowned illustrator Dan Mumford
“APWOT encapsulates a fulcrum on independent publishing. Voices that defy the mainstream simply by being themselves”