Special Glow in the Dark Edition
A Profound Waste of Time is a new independent magazine that celebrates games as an art form. Each issue plays host to a rich variety of voices from inside and outside the videogame industry, interwoven with stunning imagery from leading illustrators and artists. Editorially discerning and beautifully designed, the magazine serves to celebrate gaming culture and discussion.
Following our successful Kickstarter campaign we can now offer pre-orders of the magazine in both its standard and special edition with an ETA of late May 2018.
The special edition is of limited quantity and features a special glow in the dark cover, along with a pack of digital wallpapers.
- 210 x 270 mm
- Perfect bound
- Litho print
- Printed on 150 gsm Munken Lynx
- Over 180 pages
- 24 page cut down section
- BIT.TRIP Risograph 198 x 250 mm
- Over 30 writers and illustrators
In this issue
- An in depth interview with Yacht Club Games
- Undertale creator Toby Fox in conversation with composer Jake Kaufman, illustrated by artist and animator Temmie Chang
- Writer and actor Ashly Burch reflects on her perfomance as Chloe in Life Is Strange
- A four-page fold-out Downwell diagram annotated by the game’s creator Ojiro Fumoto
- After watching his mother play her first videogame, Vlambeer co-founder Rami Ismail explores the idea of games as a language.
- Cover art by renowned illustrator Dan Mumford